EpicWin's Heroic Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GAME OVER 2010

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An Epic Tale

Go down 
+4
Jerhombus
BlazingFlare
Ishido
Deadlock
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Deadlock
Admin
Admin
Deadlock

An Epic Tale Empty
PostSubject: An Epic Tale   An Epic Tale I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov - 3:34

As EpicWin grows in size and strength I find it pertinent to reflect on our humble beginnings.

Deadlock and mattdo first met in Yomiko's Advent Guild where we were both Assistant Guild Leaders. It wasn't long before we took control of major operations taking a level 1 guild with members ranging from level 15-30 and made it level 2. With constant encouragement and team spirit mattdo and I rose to rank only to find fail. Outrage grew amongst our friends when our leader was astonishingly nowhere to be found.

At this time Advent's most important and active members were: Ishido, Jerhombus, Kyrock and Kookoi. Without those guys Advent would have been another passing fad like so many Guilds before, little did I know at the time...it would eventually become that. As they days passed...with no Guild Leader to boost us to our hard earned level two, faith among the ranks began to wane. Members questioned our ability to lead and we began to loose some of our best members and friends.

To every great tale...there is an epic moment of failure. It is how we handle these moments that make us courageous leaders; transcending a followers state of mind. For me, Kookoi leaving was my “rock bottom” she didn't say a word or give any reason but we all knew why. Thats when Kyrock had the courage to conact me on behalf of himself and his couple, Kookoi. He informed me that they would be more than willing to serve me in my own guild...but had no further interest in Advent. If there was a moment when EpicWin was born – this was it – the final push I needed to take the reigns.

Assistant Guild Leader, mattdo started taking names of our best and most active Advent members, and I prepared new forums. The transition was rocky, and at first we had to start all over! Kyrock and Kookoi were instrumental to EpicWin at this phase. I didn't completely trust Kooki because of her flight and lack of communication but I trusted Kyrock fully as my Assistant. He helped with recruitment and we pushed guild quests so hard that we reached level 2 status within 24 hours! He was instrumental in constructing systems to track members and activity and was a highly valued member of our team. With renewed vitality we pushed forward.

Everyone was happy for awhile, but all good things come to an end eventually. With mattdo newly absent and member activity waning...our Guild progress slowed to a crawl. These were Dead's darkest days and they were about to get worse. Two weeks passed and no mattdo, Kyrock was telling me I needed to take a stand. The very game I love felt like a burden and I questioned my own loyalty slightly. Then it happened...again...I logged to find I no longer had my most faithful assistant Kyrock; he cowardly never said a word. A devastating realization, I pondered EpicWin's current fail. I found later that he and Kookoi joined Soviet, and excellent and powerful pve guild. However, I still wonder occasionally, “Why be a little fish in a vast ocean, when you can be a big tuna in a humble sea.”

I realized at this time this is the point at which most guilds freeze or fail...never to reach pro status. Still uncertain at this point about how to turn us around I infiltrated other guilds observing and engaging members in discussion. I found a glimmer of hope the day I saw Jerhombus at the rocker gate, thankfully he was guildless and I welcomed him with open arms. Thats when it hit me...active friendly members make a tight community, and a tight community makes the game worth playing. This is when I finally got serious and pulled out the banhammer for the first time. “Dead only wants Dragonica addicts in her guild, and she only wants people here that WANT to be here.” And the cycle of ban and add began.

Now, being the boss meant never having to say I'm sorry. Using former Assistant Kyrock's system I banned members who were inactive and rewarded active members for guild questing, forum participation and community assistance. I removed (currently inactive) Assistant mattdo for absence without timely excuse and even disbanded our couple. Tough decisions were made without regret to best our Guild and community. With new found spirit and vitality, we approached level three at record speed. Our team worked hard...and importantly they worked together.

Needing two assistants now I had to make important choices. Jerhombus was the obvious choice to Assist me (despite his attempted denial, as he didn't want to replace mattdo) a decision to this day I DO NOT regret. It was harder to choose the second Assistant at this time and I was looking hard for someone to match my experience and leadership. With a full understanding of game mechanics, outstanding forum participation and unsurpassed guild loyalty Ishido is unquestionably fit for leading our community. Both Ishido and Jerhombus have been a vital and active members of the EpicWin community through all good times and bad. They have consistently provided me with the support necessary to manage a guild our size...and I couldn't do it with out them!

We now boast members with levels 30 to 50 and have no struggle to fill empty spots. With new...functional forums, vent, non-stop member activity and epic leveling, EpicWin avoided epic fail...and will continue on the victor's path until we are one of the greatest guilds in Dragonica!

Thank you to everyone who has made our success possible!

Last edited by Deadlock on Fri 15 Jan - 6:19; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://epicwin.forummotion.com
Ishido
Admin
Admin
Ishido

An Epic Tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Epic Tale   An Epic Tale I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov - 8:55

this is the story of win. if we could somehow make a video depicting the above story, we're gonna win the dragonica oscar for sure Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Deadlock
Admin
Admin
Deadlock

An Epic Tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Epic Tale   An Epic Tale I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov - 10:44

ikr...i am dl'ing software to do the other video now. You are prolly one on a small amt of ppl that remember some of that haha
Back to top Go down

An Epic Tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Epic Tale   An Epic Tale I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov - 13:53

truly an epic tale! lovin ur new avatar btw ;D
Back to top Go down
BlazingFlare
MediumWin
MediumWin
BlazingFlare

An Epic Tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Epic Tale   An Epic Tale I_icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov - 18:40

Wow how long did it take you to write that? An Epic Tale Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
Jerhombus
Jerhombus

An Epic Tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Epic Tale   An Epic Tale I_icon_minitimeTue 1 Dec - 0:49

This story is pure EpicWin.
Proud to have you as a leader Dead ^^
Back to top Go down
Deadlock
Admin
Admin
Deadlock

An Epic Tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Epic Tale   An Epic Tale I_icon_minitimeTue 1 Dec - 1:26

I didnt take me long...its easy for me to write about personal experiences...my bio report on the other hand...is fail, lol.

And it's nice to have such a great assn Jerh!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ishido
Admin
Admin
Ishido

An Epic Tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Epic Tale   An Epic Tale I_icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec - 15:18

Soon we can turn to the next page of the epic tale Very Happy for more win!
Back to top Go down
Gaselle
MediumWin
MediumWin
Gaselle

An Epic Tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Epic Tale   An Epic Tale I_icon_minitimeWed 9 Dec - 0:59

Helping to turn the page! Good story btw! I want to know the future win of EpicWin lol
Back to top Go down
MrXtrimizt
New Comer
New Comer
MrXtrimizt

An Epic Tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Epic Tale   An Epic Tale I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec - 15:17

holy moly! this is totally EPIC!
(T^T) i shed tears of sadness and so joy as i read through this disparing, sorrowful and yet Epic tale of victory!!. happy to be a member!
Back to top Go down
wawtruttle
LittleWin
LittleWin
wawtruttle

An Epic Tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Epic Tale   An Epic Tale I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec - 9:16

wow i had no idea...... this guild rocks! and it will succed to victory and beyond!
Back to top Go down
Deadlock
Admin
Admin
Deadlock

An Epic Tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Epic Tale   An Epic Tale I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec - 6:01

HOPEFULLY AT LEAST TO LVL 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Emoclew
MediumWin
MediumWin
Emoclew

An Epic Tale Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Epic Tale   An Epic Tale I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Dec - 7:24

Ogm Bda Gramrme Person Razz LOL

Maybe If People Do Guild Quests
Back to top Go down
Deadlock